Friday, April 26, 2013

Zippity Do Dah or I Am Not A Morning Person

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
My oh my, what a wonderful day
Plenty of sunshine heading my way
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
Zip-A-Dee-A

Mister bluebird on my shoulder
It's the truth
It's actual
Everything is satisfactual

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
Zip-A-Dee-A
Wonderful feeling
Wonderful day...

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah. We all know this little ditty... Great song. But not at 6:30 in the morning.

My sleep patterns are erratic. My mother told me from the day I arrived in the world I did not want to sleep at night. I still have some difficulty with that nighttime sleeping business. My ideal sleep schedule would be go to sleep at 3-4 AM and get up about 10:30. AM. The rest of the world doesn't function within that schedule all that much. When I lived in Indonesia, there is a 13 hour time difference, 10 AM in Colorado is 11 PM in Indonesia. I slept pretty well there. My sleep rhythm is much more suited that time zone.

Him, on the other hand, after 13 years of retirement, still wakes between 5 and 6 AM no matter where in the world he is. He sleeps until 7 every couple of months.

I wake up sleepy and groggy. He gets up, literally, singing or whistling Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah. It hurts my head for someone to be so chipper and chatty so early. Him learned a long time ago to take his happy to work, now to his man cave, and not to share it with me. Dimples is an early riser. She has the best part of her day from 7-12 every day. She is so cute and chatty when she comes into my bed for a cuddle for 10-15 minutes before we start the day. The best part of the day is when she comes running from her room to my bed and we wake up together.

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah may not be echoing through the house out loud very often these days but the spirit of it is still ringing thorough the house house by the very attitude that abides here.

Are you a morning person a groggy waker?

No comments:

Post a Comment