Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Peculiar or Why Normal Isn't That Normal

I am a Peculiar person. Not in the weird or creepy kinda peculiar person... Just your normal peculiar person.

I come from a long line of peculiar people. My dad is a peculiar person. The "Mormons" as a whole are considered a peculiar people. I'm a Mormon, so that is double qualification for the peculiar status.

My definition of peculiar likely isn't the same as Mr. Webster's definition. My idea of peculiar is someone or a group of someone's who are different. The may look different, think differently, or act differently. They are different from their friends, neighbors or society as a whole. They generally know they are peculiar and are okay with it... after they get old enough to get over the stigma of not being exactly the same as everyone else and quit trying to fit in by being like the rest of the busy bees at school.

I like peculiar people, it makes them interesting. Peculiar people also like eclectic things. Books, music, clothing and possibly the color of their hair. I like peculiar things. My house is full of peculiar things acquired from many different countries. I do not like peculiar food though. Ever.

I like being peculiar. I would never be classified as normal... Besides, normal is a setting on a washing machine. Who wants to aspire to that?


Are you a peculiar person?

No comments:

Post a Comment