Sunday, April 7, 2013

"G"ratitude or Why I Give Thanks

I am grateful for so much in my life. There are too many things to be grateful for that I couldn't enumerate them all. And I wouldn't bore you with all the mundane things I am grateful of.

However, I do not show or verbalize my gratitude enough. It doesn't mean I didn't appreciate something I have received or some act of kindness. I am much more likely to say or show thanks to people that live outside of my home. That's a shame. And...I do not thank my Heavenly Father enough or all He has blessed me with.

On Facebook, for the entire month of November I accept the challenge to find something different every day of the month I am grateful for and post that gratitude. We all spend some time recognizing our blessings in our lives during the Thanksgiving season. After all, it is the holiday was created specifically to show thanks to our fore fathers and what they did or us as well as recognize our own blessings and then give thanks for them.

Easter season is the same for me. To bring to mind all I have been blessed with. And to know where those blessing have come from.

I also know that showing gratitude, verbally or by my own act of kindness will bring more blessings. Everyone likes to be thanked or know what they do is appreciated.

I am striving to show more gratitude to those I love most. I have so much to be grateful for. I only need to look around myself every single day to see them. And then to say thank you when someone else blesses my life in any way.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment